Sinusitis is a common inflammation or lining mucous membrane in any of the hollow areas of the skull around the nose. In simple words air cavities within the passage of the nose or fluid imbalance. It can be cured by home remedies or sometimes it just disappears. Needs medical attention if it remains for weeks. There’s healthy sinus that is filled with air but when blocked with fluids that grow into germs (bacteria, fungi & virus)and leads to infection. Generally found among all the age groups but the high rate in children because of pacifiers, Infections, Unhygienic habits, etc.
● Acute sinusitis: A sudden onset of cold-like symptoms that do not go away after 10 to 14 days.
● Subacute sinusitis: An inflammation lasts up to 4 to 8 weeks.
● Chronic sinusitis: A condition distinguished by sinus inflammation traits lasting 8 weeks or longer.
● Recurrent sinusitis: Several attacks within a year.
● Extreme cold.
● Small growth in the lining of the nose.
● Immune system deficiencies.
● Medications side effects.
● Unhygienic consumers(water, packed food, etc).
● Blocked drainage ducts.
● Avoid smoking.
● Regular Vaccinations & Exercise.
● Proper Ventilation with moderate temperature.
● Stay hydrated.
● Healthy habits.
● Evade from people with the respiratory issue.
● Severe Heachache
● Running & blocked nose
● Pressure on eyes & cheeks.
● Frequent illness
● Yellow-green nasal discharge.
● Ability to sense smell and taste.
Fortunately, Ayurveda at Karnataka has a permanent & natural solution for sinusitis. In Ayurveda, sinusitis is known as Dushta Pratishyaya related to Kapha. Treated with the different amalgamation of detoxification technique through Panchakarma. Treatment approximately takes 1-2 weeks.
Commonly practised ayurvedic therapies are Nasyam, Lepanam, Thalam, Vamanam & Shirodhara.
1. Nasyam – is unique & strong among the five ayurvedic remedies. Which works brilliantly. Mainly for the cleansing of the head region that eliminates accumulated blockage in the nose, throat, and ears. Purification is done by discharging herbal oils, juices, powder into the nostrils.
2. Lepanam – Method of applying the herbal paste on the face and affected parts of the body. Focus on healing properties of the body
3. Thalam – Herbal oil and paste applied on the head for around 45 minutes.
4. Vamanam – Therapy emphasized to cure vomiting by improving digestion.
5. Shirodhara – Herbal oils on the forehead. Impactful on the nervous system
Not only therapies there are several ayurvedic medicines like Dashamula kashayam, pathyadi kadha, varanadi kashayam , etc
- Pain management
- Stress Reduction
- Skin and hair care
- Improves Immunity
- Mental & Emotional Health
- Strengths nasal passage by allowing to breath easily and fully again.
- Helps relieve hoarseness of voice
- Evade ENT complications.
- Healthy nervous and respiratory system
Effective towards psoriasis, allergies, obesity, Anaemia, Asthma and other disorder. In the worse scenario, it’s very rare, If sinusitis is left untreated it can damage brain issue which needs surgery that leads to complications. Ayurveda is the best choice. Home remedies aren’t ultimate. Self-medication is hazardous. Your sinusitis may be of a serious nature and need more than that. For more such treatments, details, and advice visit Chithrakoota Ayurveda, Medical and health center Udupi, Kundarpura, Karnataka. Step into Chithrakoota to have an experience with Ancient Indian Medical Knowledge of “Ayurveda” and treat your soul.