Osteoporosis means “porous bones” a state in which bones become weak and delicate loses immunity and strength in bones. General damages are wrist ruptures, hip fractures, spinal bone dislocations, few older people develop the characteristic stooped (bent forward) posture because bones in the spine get fractured, making it tough to sustain the weight of the body. Approximately more than 500,000 of the population every year receive treatment for osteoporosis. It occurs over several years mainly due to the ageing process but some people lose density much quicker.
Most common in females particularly if the menopause rises early (before the age of 45). There are no typical symptoms but initially one can notice pain & less resistance power, isn’t usually painful.
Causes and risk factors
- Generally who drink and smoke.
- People with a family history of Osteoporosis.
- Women who had their ovaries removed.
- People with an eating disorder, such as anorexia.
- People who don’t exercise regularly
- People under medication of steroids.
- Underweight and overweight category.
- High dosage medical concern.
- Hormonal imbalance.
Osteoporosis cannot be cured completely but can be maintained and prevented by the change in lifestyle (exercise & healthy eating habits) and supplements. If it is left untreated it causes a major permanent fracture.
Treatment Ayurvedic approach for osteoporosis based on treating and restricting displacements or cleavages through using medication to strengthen bones. Various Ayurveda remedies like mentioned below will help in recovery and improvement
- Triphala –The herbal combination of Haritaki, Amalaki, and Bibhitaki is regularly used by Ayurvedic professionals to treat various bone disorders. The formula has been very beneficial in treating the colon, which plays a vital part in supporting the bones.
- Guggul -Guggul is known to treat cholesterol and enhance the growth of bone density.
- Sesame Seeds and Oil –Sesame seed tonic can work wonders to cure any bone. black seed sesame is considered the most effective in treating such problems. Sesame Oil can be massaged into the body daily.
- Amalaki –An easily accessible fruit in India, Amalaki is known to restore lost tissues. Ingested either in powdered form, in the form of a puree or as a sweet can be helpful for people with osteoporosis.
For more details follow or step into Chithrakoota Ayurveda Aloor, Kundapur Tq, Udupi District, Karnataka, India for expert consultation and therapies which will help you figure out health-related queries and concerns.