Carpal Tunnel Syndrome [CTS] is a very common neuropathy these days. It’s a feeling of pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in your fingers, hands, palm & wrist caused by increased pressure in the nerve-the median nerve(one of the main nerve), which runs the length of the arm, travels through a passage in the wrist called the carpal tunnel, and ends in the hand. It occurs between the age of 45 to 65 years, develops with increasing age. It can come into sight on one or both the hands and it is common between both men and women but the majority found in females. Generally, Automobile Workers, Musicians, People working in the field of packaging, etc come across this CTS.
It is noticeable during late nights and early mornings there will be a lot of discomforts. Many observe going and coming in the first, after a certain period of time it occurs frequently. It’s not particular, can appear on any finger, wrist, hands. A gradual increase in pain & uneasy over time. The person may lose strength, finds difficulty typing, opening, and closing of an object, Unable to sense cold and hot water, dropping things, etc. The main common symptoms are Pain, numbness, Tingling.
- Healthy Routine.
- Quitting Addiction.
- Keep yourself warm to avoid stiffness.
- Regular exercise for mechanism and proper diet plan.
- Take a quick short break between the activities.
- Avoid the same positions and posture while sleeping and working.
- Consuming food which is rich in omega-03 like fruits, vegetables, fish oil supplements, These can reduce inflammation.
People with mild symptoms initially can be relieved by some self- help tips. Sometimes has chances in early recovery
- Once the symptoms are seen it’s necessary to take frequent breaks to rest applying cold bags to reduce swelling and pain. If you think some activities in your daily routine is causing a major effect on your hand or fingers than try to avoid doing it
- Simple exercises
- Using wrist brace
- Immersing hands in gentle Warm water.
If the remedies don’t work out in a week or so, in the worst scenario, it’s necessary to consult a doctor, get it examined and take medication. There are chances of medication turning into surgeries. It is said Surgery is permanent relief. Surgery has several complications like Nerve damage, Infection, Scarring, Pain, stiffness, etc and takes months together to heal.
But there is hope in Ayurveda treatments, Carpal tunnel syndrome is considered as Vata vyadhi with mamsakshaya can be cured gradually using conventional methods without any surgery and works brilliant. A natural recovery that includes the use of herbs, healthy diet, Detox helps in cleansing of the body by removing accumulated toxic, that favours in maintaining balance, the ability of the body to fight against diseases and overall change in lifestyle that brings improvement in the health and fitness.
Some Ayurveda Remedies for carpal tunnel syndrome:
➢ Ashwagandha, Rasna, Guggulu, Shallaki, Guduchi, etc.
- It reduces inflammation and swelling enhancing immunity and functioning of the nervous system.
- A healthy system with rejuvenating properties.
- Improvement in Energizing capacity of muscles, joints, and bones.
- It repairs and provides relief by correcting the imbalance.
- Consistent treatment recovers strength.
- Results in anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Controls sensation and uneasy movement providing coordination.
Isn’t a serious issue but untreated makes a huge difference. If it is left carelessly for a long time hands get paralyzed & permanent nerve injury. With actual treatment, CTS fades gradually. For more information, you can visit Chithrakoota Ayurveda or consult expertise.
Chithrakoota Medical and Health Center, Kundapura, Karnataka is a paradise isolated from urban rushes, calmly placed in the soothing lap of Mother Nature where carpal tunnel syndrome treatment in kundapur is available, as beautiful as a decorated bride. It is a visual treat, with eye-catching landscapes, adorned with rustling noises and cool breeze from the trees and soul-soothing musical notes from the hummingbirds. Chithrakoota Ayurveda is as such a place, just by the sight of which, you feel relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated.